Author Topic: Nav V On Way!  (Read 1556 times)

OfflineBob S

Nav V On Way!
    « on: 2013-12-11 23:03:29 »
    I bought my Nav IV when I bought my K1600 back in April 2012 and I sometimes look back and wonder why I paid more for the BMW branded product, but events of the last few weeks have shown there was some wisdom attached to the decision. My Nav IV started to freeze up 2-3 months ago and initially a reboot would work. However, that failed to work and I had to resort to removing and refitting the battery. Eventually I went to my dealer and on contacting Garmin in was advised to make sure all software updates had been loaded.
    Having done this it didn't solve the problem. The unit froze again today while the bike was in for a problem with the seat heater.
    The final outcome, following another call to Garmin, is to replace the unit under warranty. Nav IV's are out of stock, so I will be getting a Nav V on Friday :)
    I can't wait!

2012 K1600GT-SE

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
      Re: Nav V On Way!
      « Reply #1 on: 2013-12-11 23:13:39 »
      Never had a problem with my Zumo 660. Glad to hear that you will be getting a new one. AFAIK the Nav V is not available yet over here. It is announced but not yet on the BMW web site.
      Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

OfflineBob S

« Reply #2 on: 2013-12-11 23:29:32 »
        Strange it is not available in the Netherlands yet Frank.
        2012 K1600GT-SE

OfflineRTman10

• GTL Exclusive (Exchanged for R1200RT LE)
          « Reply #3 on: 2013-12-12 08:34:31 »
          Strange it is not available in the Netherlands yet Frank.
          Very strange.  Its been in the UK for a few months now. The other advantage over any Garmin equivalent is of course the BMW warranty which is two years not one.

OfflineBob S

« Reply #4 on: 2013-12-12 11:43:12 »
            Very strange.  Its been in the UK for a few months now. The other advantage over any Garmin equivalent is of course the BMW warranty which is two years not one.
            That proved itself for me. If I had bought a Zumo 660 and it had developed the same problems it would have been out of warranty and I would have been on my own.
            2012 K1600GT-SE

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
              « Reply #5 on: 2013-12-12 13:45:25 »
              Just came back from the dealer for the software update (recall) and they still sell the Nav 4 and do not have the Nav 5.
              I guess we're closer to Germany and therefore the last to get it  ;D.
              By the way: I now have the green 'N' as neutral indicator as well. That's the large 'N' in the lower display and not the smaller 'N' in the upper display (that one was green from the start).
              Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

OfflineRTman10

« Reply #6 on: 2013-12-12 14:04:47 »
                Just came back from the dealer for the software update (recall) and they still sell the Nav 4 and do not have the Nav 5.
                I guess we're closer to Germany and therefore the last to get it  ;D.
                By the way: I now have the green 'N' as neutral indicator as well. That's the large 'N' in the lower display and not the smaller 'N' in the upper display (that one was green from the start).
                I wonder if that's because they have stocks of the IV and will never sell them if the bring in the . Ring another dealer.

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
                  « Reply #7 on: 2013-12-12 14:24:00 »
                  I wonder if that's because they have stocks of the IV and will never sell them if the bring in the . Ring another dealer.
                  No need for me. I'm still happy with Zumo 660. But when I check the BMW website in The Netherlands they don't even mention the Nav V, so I guess other NLD dealers won't have it either.

OfflineRTman10

« Reply #8 on: 2013-12-12 14:43:52 »
                    BMW Motorrad UK also only shows the IV as well. So far as I know neither Germany or UK have any though.

OfflineTony23

« Reply #9 on: 2013-12-12 15:09:59 »
                      Most dealers in the UK are running a promo on used bikes at the mo`.
                      If you buy a used bike you get a free nav V , that`s how I got mine. Probably accounts for the lack of stock as they may well be holding some back.

OfflineNdK1966

« Reply #10 on: 2013-12-12 21:43:06 »
                        I bought the Navigator V 8 weeks ago at my dealers. Had to wait 10 days for the new bezel though.
                        GS500E | VX800 | FXDC Dyna Glide Custom | SSR900 Superlight | Monster M900 | Monster S4 | Monster S4R | R1200GS | R1200GSA | K1600GT (2012) | K1600GT (2015)

OfflineBob S

« Reply #11 on: 2013-12-13 02:16:37 »
                          BMW Motorrad UK also only shows the IV as well. So far as I know neither Germany or UK have any though.
                          They have none in the UK otherwise I would be getting a replacement Nav IV.
                          2012 K1600GT-SE

OfflineTony23

« Reply #12 on: 2013-12-15 09:39:40 »
                            Picked up my K1600 yesterday from north oxford and was initially told the nav v wasn`t in stock. They had a delivery whilst I was there of 6 units so got mine on the day. Looks like supplies are filtering through.
                            For info I had them order the latest shroud which has a larger aperture for the nav v. Supplied and fitted for £28. Old shroud was ok but obscured part of the screen on the nav v.
                            I now have my nav iv for sale if anyones interested.
                            « Last Edit: 2013-12-15 09:41:21 by Tony23 »

anything