Author Topic: Update.  (Read 1233 times)

OfflineGargy

• Global Moderator
    Update.
    « on: 2013-12-22 11:37:10 »
    For those of you interested in such things.

Garmin have released maps version 2014.30 and software version 4.90 for the Zumo.

Not sure how long they have been issued, but I've just updated my unit.................. Not sure if this is relevant to BMW Nav IV owners.
    R.I.P. Marco Simoncelli.

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
      Re: Update.
      « Reply #1 on: 2013-12-22 13:16:57 »
      I normally try to inform everyone when I see there's a new update. Don't remember why I didn't do it  this time, as I have the 2014.30 maps since October.
      Also have the 4.90 software since April, when Geebee tipped this ([size=78%]https://k6gtl.com/index/topic,459.0.html[/size][size=78%]).[/size]
      Good update for those who missed it so far though.
      Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

OfflineGargy

• Global Moderator
        « Reply #2 on: 2013-12-22 13:23:30 »
        To be honest, I don't know why I missed the updates.

My computer usually informs me when my maps/software is due for an update, but ever since I've installed 'Garmin Express', it doesn't.

Will have to go and see what's going on..........................
        R.I.P. Marco Simoncelli.

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
          « Reply #3 on: 2013-12-22 14:04:16 »
          That's strange, as I get immediate warnings since I've installed Garmin Express as soon as I connect the Zumo.
          Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
            « Reply #4 on: 2013-12-22 15:03:43 »
            Are you using the latest version of Garmin Express: 2.3.17.0 ?

OfflineRTman10

• GTL Exclusive (Exchanged for R1200RT LE)
              « Reply #5 on: 2013-12-22 17:07:29 »
              I can't remember getting anything from Garmin either. Just finished loading my Navy IV. Took about 4 hours using the latest Garmin Express.

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
                « Reply #6 on: 2013-12-22 17:20:55 »
                When you log on to my Garmin you can also indicate whether you want e-mail notifications when there are new map updates.

OfflineGargy

• Global Moderator
                  « Reply #7 on: 2013-12-22 19:55:50 »
                  The trouble with me is that I don't connect my Zumo up to my computer unless I'm updating.

I'll have to go and sign up for e-mail update notifications.

RTman10............... The new map update is over 3gb, which is an awfully big download. It used to take an overnight upload to do mine when I had Sky internet. I now have BT Infinity, and the whole update took under an hour. Well impressed with the download speeds now.
                  R.I.P. Marco Simoncelli.

OfflineRTman10

• GTL Exclusive (Exchanged for R1200RT LE)
                    « Reply #8 on: 2013-12-22 20:37:54 »
                    The trouble with me is that I don't connect my Zumo up to my computer unless I'm updating.

I'll have to go and sign up for e-mail update notifications.

RTman10............... The new map update is over 3gb, which is an awfully big download. It used to take an overnight upload to do mine when I had Sky internet. I now have BT Infinity, and the whole update took under an hour. Well impressed with the download speeds now.
                    I'm on AOL Steam Drive so 4 hrs ain't all that bad. I was intrigued with the software update to time zones. Wasn't aware they changed too often. The world must have wobbled.