Author Topic: Chinese Carbon Fiber Helmets  (Read 955 times)

Offlinee7navy1999

Chinese Carbon Fiber Helmets
    « on: 2013-12-22 22:49:28 »
    Just curious, anyong on here have any experiences with the new Chinese Carbon Fiber Flit-up full face helmets?  I know the German helmet is the quietest and has build in coms for the k1600 but honestly I do not have $1000 big ones to put into a helmet.  beside I own three helmets already.  I sort of like th new flipups when the full face section flits up out of the way and a sun visor pops down

OfflineWinston Smith

Re: Chinese Carbon Fiber Helmets
      « Reply #1 on: 2013-12-22 23:29:53 »
      If you are on about the LS2 helmets, they are very similar to the Shark Evoline but heavier and nowhere near the same build quality.

The Shark Evoline series 3 is a very good helmet that can be worn as full face or 'jet' style.

Far better than the LS2 and more established for things like spares etc
      Four is fun.  Six is sex.  I Dream of a World where Chickens can Cross the Road without having their Motives Questioned

OnlineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
        « Reply #2 on: 2013-12-22 23:51:11 »
        Just curious, anyong on here have any experiences with the new Chinese Carbon Fiber Flit-up full face helmets?  I know the German helmet is the quietest and has build in coms for the k1600 but honestly I do not have $1000 big ones to put into a helmet.  beside I own three helmets already.  I sort of like th new flipups when the full face section flits up out of the way and a sun visor pops down
        If you're talking bout LS2 helmets, which model do you mean?
        I can't find any carbon helmet by LS2. They all seem to be  HPTT (high pressure thermoplastic technology) resin.
        They are cheap though. Could have bought 4 to 5 of them for the price of my System 6 Evo.
        Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

OfflineWinston Smith

« Reply #3 on: 2013-12-23 00:17:20 »
          Sorry - didn't pick up on that, I was thinking of the style, not the material!

The Evoline 3 is plastic too!
          Four is fun.  Six is sex.  I Dream of a World where Chickens can Cross the Road without having their Motives Questioned

OfflineRTman10

• GTL Exclusive (Exchanged for R1200RT LE)
            « Reply #4 on: 2013-12-23 09:02:18 »
            It's probably an age thing but the older you are the less brain cells you have.  In my case I think I'm down to just a couple. Looking around for the cheapest helmet to protect them is nearly as dumb as looking for the cheapest oil to protect one of the most expensive bike engines you can buy. Merry Christmas.

OfflineDJS

• K1600GTLE-Magnesium Beige & comfort pack & Nav IV
              « Reply #5 on: 2013-12-26 16:44:41 »
              You nearly always get what you pay for!

Just enjoy it!

anything