Author Topic: Green N software update  (Read 2988 times)

OfflineWiking

• K1600GT/11
    Green N software update
    « on: 2014-02-21 11:18:08 »
    Do you find other changes to the bike than the green N after a software update ?

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
      Re: Green N software update
      « Reply #1 on: 2014-02-21 12:36:07 »
      In my case I got the 'green N' when I got the safety update from the recall (possible stalling). I didn't notice any difference, but then I never suffered from the stalling problem. Maybe the throttle and engine seem a little smoother, but that could be my imagination.
      Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

OfflineHDBeemer

• K1600 Exclusive
        « Reply #2 on: 2014-02-21 12:44:20 »
        I just got my "green N" yesterday. I asked the dealer about other changes. He said there is not "one specific change", rather a mix of different parameters and minor or major fixes.
        Only bikes produced in early 2012 are required to have this fix due to a safety recall (to eliminate potential engine stalling). For bikes produced later, this change was already included at the factory, presumably before the SW that changes the "N" color and other things.

My dealer also confirmed, that the "electronic acceleration" has changed slightly: this should be hardly noticeable, but could improve the drive lash a little bit. I didn't notice any big difference, but I only drove a few km so far.
        It doesn't have to make sense. It's ok if it's just fun :-)

Offlinebeemerbaz

« Reply #3 on: 2015-10-24 13:44:10 »
          Just had a software update today, I'm guessing it's a new update as only had the bike in for a service in March. Engine note seems different now but maybe that's just me !!

Onlinee7navy1999

« Reply #4 on: 2015-10-24 22:35:44 »
            You should had gotten all new switches as well with this service.  BMW recalled all the switch clusters and daisy wheel...at least that is what my BMW dealer in the USA said and did no my 2012

Offlinebeemerbaz

« Reply #5 on: 2015-10-26 22:58:23 »
              Mine wasn't in for a service just its annual test but will ask about the switches when in next time

anything