Author Topic: Disable Nav4 brightness sensor  (Read 1612 times)

Onlinegriffis

Disable Nav4 brightness sensor
    « on: 2014-02-21 21:06:58 »
    Don't know if anyones done this yet, but I put a piece of tape over the 2nd gold tab from bottom left ti disable light sensor,  so I could set brightness to 100%. Everything else still works such as bluetooth phone, music,  intercom…

Sent from my Note 3

Offlinerj.zilver

• Keep the polished side up
      • BMW Mono Club Nederland
    Re: Disable Nav4 brightness sensor
    « Reply #1 on: 2014-02-21 21:15:05 »
    Thanks! That was exactly where i was looking for! Why should it be blocked??
    K1600GT (2012) vermillionred

Onlinegriffis

« Reply #2 on: 2014-02-21 21:31:45 »
      Thanks! That was exactly where i was looking for! Why should it be blocked??
      On Nav5 I think there's a software setting to disable auto-brightness.  But not on Nav4.  Just a design defect on Nav4 I guess.

Sent from my Note 3

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
        « Reply #3 on: 2014-02-21 22:24:21 »
        I have the Zumo 660, which is the Garmin nav that the Nav IV is based on.
        AFAIK I can set the brightness by hand and it does not change; at least not that I've noticed so far.
        The only change is from daytime to nighttime after sunset.
        BTW: rj.zilver, welcome to the forum. Always nice to see a fellow countryman.
        Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

OfflineRTman10

• GTL Exclusive (Exchanged for R1200RT LE)
          « Reply #4 on: 2014-02-21 22:26:54 »
          Has anybody disables the brightness on the V and if they have does it stop the bike deciding the brightness. 

OfflineRTman10

• GTL Exclusive (Exchanged for R1200RT LE)
            « Reply #5 on: 2014-02-21 22:43:31 »
            I have the Zumo 660, which is the Garmin nav that the Nav IV is based on.
            AFAIK I can set the brightness by hand and it does not change; at least not that I've noticed so far.
            The only change is from daytime to nighttime after sunset.
            BTW: rj.zilver, welcome to the forum. Always nice to see a fellow countryman.
            On the Nav IV the second it takes power from the bike the brightness adjusts normally down to about 20%. I spent over 2 years trying to stop it as most if the time its far too dull to see. Having sold the IV and got the V I'm hoping that the new bike due next month doesn't do the same thing. If it does the bit of tape method looks promising.

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
              « Reply #6 on: 2014-02-21 22:46:14 »
              I forgot to mention that I have the Zumo in the original Garmin cradle and not in the BMW cradle (I swapped them out). Maybe that's the difference. Mine doesn't go down to 20%.
              Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

anything