Author Topic: Russell Day Long Saddle  (Read 2974 times)

OfflineBob S

Russell Day Long Saddle
    « on: 2014-04-10 21:57:31 »
    Here's a photo of my GTL seat which has now been altered by RDL in Shasta California. I have had two seats modified by RDL in the past and they really work for me. The seat on my GT is now capable of all day comfort, unlike the standard offering.
    2012 K1600GT-SE

Offlinergifford

Re: Russell Day Long Saddle
      « Reply #1 on: 2014-04-13 02:29:32 »
      Same here. Russell Day Long made my GTL comfortable. Highly recommended. :)

Onlinee7navy1999

« Reply #2 on: 2014-04-13 17:55:19 »
        Here is pic of my Corbin heated seat.  So far I have had it a few months and like it.  I think maybe a Russell is a better seat but cost was a concern for me.  Also I did get this corbin "used" on a local web site for only $150 USD so that makes me feel a little better.  The original owner sold his GLT with the OEM butt breaker seat. The corbin is my third seat by the way. 

Offlinehemdawg

« Reply #3 on: 2014-06-21 20:00:52 »
          I rode in to Russell Day Long and they custom built a saddle for my GT that day. It has been fantastic!
          I was in the neighborhood (Shasta Lake City) a year or so later and they spent a few hours tweaking it for me free of charge.

OfflineBob S

« Reply #4 on: 2014-06-22 19:34:00 »
            I rode in to Russell Day Long and they custom built a saddle for my GT that day. It has been fantastic!
            I was in the neighborhood (Shasta Lake City) a year or so later and they spent a few hours tweaking it for me free of charge.

I dropped my first seat into them when I was on holiday on the West Coast and they gave my wife and I a tour of the facility and showed us the process they use to make their seats. They have always been a pleasure to deal with and their finished product is a joy to use, as well as living up to their claims.
            2012 K1600GT-SE

Onlinee7navy1999

« Reply #5 on: 2014-07-06 01:40:13 »
              I think you were wise to buy the Russell.  I think the Corbin I have is OK but I would never take it for a ride longer than 3-4hrs. 

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
                « Reply #6 on: 2014-07-06 09:55:29 »
                I still have the stock seat on my GT and I can do 8 hour rides for several days in a row easy.
                What's wrong with that GTL saddle?
                Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

Onlinee7navy1999

« Reply #7 on: 2014-07-06 15:49:28 »
                  The stock saddle...well it is sort of like growing up without indoor plumbing.  If you never had it one would never know what they are missing.  If you tried a Russel for just a 30 minute you would know what you are missing.  Than again, if you are happy with the stock BMW saddle then no problem.  it gets one by.  After 8hrs I know I would need hemorrhoid surgery

Offlineindiojoe

« Reply #8 on: 2014-10-15 06:04:56 »
                    Good Analogy!

anything