Author Topic: Bluetooth comms  (Read 3301 times)

Offlineblokeonthemove

Bluetooth comms
    « on: 2014-04-11 13:41:43 »
    I went to the gadjet show in Birmingham yesterday, apart from the fact that I was a bit disappointed with the lack of innovation , I did speak to a guy who was selling the Scala Rider BT comms kit, Ahh I said, no use to me as it won't pair up with my K1600. Well he claimed that they have overcome that problem on the latest software. He said the pairing is now carried out using the rearmost button of the three rather that the front one for other devices. That may be interesting to the many people on here that don't have a spare 1k plus to spend on a BMW helmet and comms setup.

OfflineRTman10

• GTL Exclusive (Exchanged for R1200RT LE)
      Re: Bluetooth comms
      « Reply #1 on: 2014-04-11 14:51:46 »
      Bet it wont.

OfflineBob S

« Reply #2 on: 2014-04-11 15:54:02 »
        Sena have worked out a way to allow the passenger to be able to listen to the bikes audio, so no reason why Scala can't work it out.
        2012 K1600GT-SE

OfflineRTman10

« Reply #3 on: 2014-04-11 16:26:37 »
          I think Sena did it by allowing the second headset to hear whatever the first one was getting. Yet to hear from anybody sat on a 1600 with it working. I was also at the NEC yesterday but at the event next door. Should have gone to the Gadget Show. I love an argument.

OfflineHDBeemer

• K1600 Exclusive
            « Reply #4 on: 2014-04-12 17:51:47 »
            I have the Scala Rider G9x. Pairing it with the "BMW mode" works on the K1600: I can connect to the bike and Nav V and iPhone 5, and I can talk to my better half on the backseat. She could even listen to her own music if she wanted. Wonderwheel does not change volume though.
            Works well so far. Only the switching time of the Intercom is a bit slow, takes 2-3 seconds before we can talk.
            It doesn't have to make sense. It's ok if it's just fun :-)

OfflineRTman10

« Reply #5 on: 2014-04-12 18:49:47 »
              I have the Scala Rider G9x. Pairing it with the "BMW mode" works on the K1600: I can connect to the bike and Nav V and iPhone 5, and I can talk to my better half on the backseat. She could even listen to her own music if she wanted. Wonderwheel does not change volume though.
              Works well so far. Only the switching time of the Intercom is a bit slow, takes 2-3 seconds before we can talk.
              Yes you get the bike less volume control but your pillion is not connected at all, just to your  headset. She cannot connect to the alpine unit or your Gps

OfflineBob S

« Reply #6 on: 2014-04-12 21:15:58 »
                Yes you get the bike less volume control but your pillion is not connected at all, just to your  headset. She cannot connect to the alpine unit or your Gps

On the sena if the rider is listening to the Alpine then the passenger can be connected to the Alpine via the riders headset.
                2012 K1600GT-SE

OfflineRTman10

« Reply #7 on: 2014-04-12 21:27:11 »
                  On the sena if the rider is listening to the Alpine then the passenger can be connected to the Alpine via the riders headset.
                  HD Beemer.  Does it?

OfflineHDBeemer

• K1600 Exclusive
                    « Reply #8 on: 2014-04-12 23:45:08 »
                    HD Beemer.  Does it?

She does not get the Nav voice (fortunately),but she can listen to the same music I'm listening (no matter if bike's radio or iPod). We never use this function - she doesn't like music on the bike.  :(
                    Quote from Cardo homepage: "Music Sharing™- Rider & Passenger listen to the same stereo music (via A2DP)"[/color][/font]

It doesn't have to make sense. It's ok if it's just fun :-)

Offlineblokeonthemove

« Reply #9 on: 2014-04-13 12:31:29 »
                      I'm sure that it can be worked out, like most things, if it can be encrypted it can also be decrypted. It does however seem a lot of bother just to do away with a cable. As I'm sure has been said on here by many ,you still have to charge up the BT headsets, I always leave my helmet in the bike on an overnight trip, flies permitting!

OfflineBob S

« Reply #10 on: 2014-04-13 15:29:06 »
                        I'm sure that it can be worked out, like most things, if it can be encrypted it can also be decrypted. It does however seem a lot of bother just to do away with a cable. As I'm sure has been said on here by many ,you still have to charge up the BT headsets, I always leave my helmet in the bike on an overnight trip, flies permitting!

You can still leave your helmet on the bike, just detach the Bluetooth unit (takes all of 2 seconds) and take it inside.
                        2012 K1600GT-SE

OfflineRTman10

« Reply #11 on: 2014-04-13 15:29:41 »
                          [/quote
                          Got it in one. Mind you I don't get the privilege of carrying around charger units and adapter plugs. ]

OfflineBob S

« Reply #12 on: 2014-04-13 22:18:49 »
                            Got it in one. Mind you I don't get the privilege of carrying around charger units and adapter plugs.

The Sena uses the same charger as my phone, so I am not carrying any extra chargers. I can also charge the Sena up whilst riding the bike.
                            2012 K1600GT-SE

OfflineValkman1291

« Reply #13 on: 2014-04-20 21:42:24 »
                              Ok.  So I have a GTL-E, with a pair of recently updated Sena headsets.  What's the process for allowing the wife to hear the same Sirius broadcast that I'm listening too.  Haven't tried it yet, but have been told that doing the "2nd headset connection" offered by the bike will not work?  Thanks.

OfflineValkman1291

« Reply #14 on: 2014-04-22 03:34:41 »
                                All righty then.  Thanks for all the help!!!

anything