Author Topic: Social media and Customer service!!  (Read 1448 times)

Offlinek1600_ryder

Social media and Customer service!!
    « on: 2014-05-02 23:41:14 »
    If you have ever wondered about the real world influence and the power of these online forums and social media wonder no more!

Here's the story: I've had a lot of issues with my local BMW Motorrad dealer here in Saskatoon. In fact, service is so bad that I rent enclosed trailers and hauled my bike the 500 miles to next closest dealership for the warranty work. For many months and on multiple occasions I've tried contacting my local BMW management & ownership to address these issues and they wouldn't even give me the time of day  >:( Now here's the really interesting point, I gave the dealership a negative review online and now they want an 'opportunity' to make things right. I'm guessing they're more concerned with their online reputation, marketing hype and social status than they are with real world customer service! It also shows that us bike owners aren't the only readers on-line.

** Update: According to the dealership's “Social Media Manager”, there's a new VP working on the customer service side. I hope it works out for them, but for me its too little, too late.

Offlineblokeonthemove

Re: Social media and Customer service!!
      « Reply #1 on: 2014-05-05 10:38:55 »
      I hope you are right as I have raised the issue of cylinder head corrosion on my GTL only to be ignored by the dealer even after a chase up.  Now I have the opportunity to rate them to BMW, lets see if that makes any difference.

OfflineBob S

« Reply #2 on: 2014-05-05 10:54:42 »
        I hope you are right as I have raised the issue of cylinder head corrosion on my GTL only to be ignored by the dealer even after a chase up.  Now I have the opportunity to rate them to BMW, lets see if that makes any difference.

There are plenty who have had similar issues and they have had the problem rectified in the UK. There are a few threads on here about it. WHo is the dealer?
        2012 K1600GT-SE

Offlineblokeonthemove

« Reply #3 on: 2014-05-21 13:44:19 »
          Have done my survey and highlighted the problem, awaiting the reply. The BMW HQ is not designed to be customer friendly, I think, like many manufacturers, they like to keep us at arms length. The exception was Autocom whose customer service was so good, it probably ruined the company.

OfflineWinston Smith

« Reply #4 on: 2014-05-21 22:23:41 »
            One of the reasons dealers are shying away from warranty work is due to BMW not paying them for the work.
            BMW will pay, say one day's labour for a job like a cylinder replacement.  The job takes, say 2-2.5 days so the dealers are out of pocket.
            I'm aware of at least one dealer that has been stung so badly that they will now only carry out warranty work when it suits them (unless it is a safety issue),for example in winter, when the scraps thrown by BMW will just about cover the technicians wages.
            Not defending the dealers who are deliberately being awkward but it kind of puts thing in perspective.
            Four is fun.  Six is sex.  I Dream of a World where Chickens can Cross the Road without having their Motives Questioned