Author Topic: Nav IV Issue Automatic On Please help  (Read 1072 times)

Onlinee7navy1999

Nav IV Issue Automatic On Please help
    « on: 2014-05-11 02:19:22 »
    Howdy, My Nav IV comes on by itself while driving.  I turn it off at night just with the left handle bar daisy wheel to darken the dash but after 3-20 minutes it just pops right back on again.  Am I doing something wrong?  Is there a setting where It will stay off?  Honestly i like it to just be turned off even when i start the bike.  It come on with ignition. 

OfflineRTman10

• GTL Exclusive (Exchanged for R1200RT LE)
      Re: Nav IV Issue Automatic On Please help
      « Reply #1 on: 2014-05-11 08:42:34 »
      If it didn't come on with the ignition you would have no way to switch it on when its on the bike.  No idea why it switches on having been turned off though but its probably the bike doing it, ie a short loss of power to the cradle followed by automatic switch in when it comes back.  On second thought the Nav would probably show you it had lost power and go to battery.  If you don't want it on why not just take it out. Alternatively switch off the screen and mute it.
      « Last Edit: 2014-05-11 11:54:02 by RTman10 »

OfflineWildones

« Reply #2 on: 2014-05-11 13:12:16 »
        I believe this unit can be re- booted.  Wonder if this will help ? Worth a try anyway

Offlinesevenup

« Reply #3 on: 2014-05-11 22:52:54 »
          I had a problem recently when the unit switched on and off randomly. it turned out that i hadnt inserted it fully in the cradle
          Economics - invented to make astrology look good #indyref #YES2014

anything