Author Topic: Which sat nav?  (Read 1543 times)

OfflineComberjohn

• John's Driving School
Which sat nav?
« on: 2014-05-24 23:55:58 »
I've just done a deal on a mint 2012 K1600GT SE with 7000 miles on it. Picking it up on Monday.
It's a red one. The fastest colour.

Starting make up a list of toys to buy, including a sat nav.
My question is, which models fit into the K16 fairing and is there anything I should know before I buy one?
Any other suggested alternative solutions, including mounting options?

OfflineWildones

Re: Which sat nav?
    « Reply #1 on: 2014-05-25 01:15:52 »
    John, there are always some Nav 1V units for sale on forums. They are a good unit and fit in the slot behind the screen so look neat and are secure. You could get the nav 5 but new so loads of cost. I'd say get a 4

Enjoy your bike

Regds Ian

OnlineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
      « Reply #2 on: 2014-05-25 11:01:13 »
      The Garmin Zumo 660 also fits. The only thing is you can't control it with the wonder wheel. In my opinion the things you can do via the wonder wheel are very limited, so I don't miss it. I already had the Zumo when I bought my GT, so I kept using it. In fact I switched the BMW cradle for the original Garmin cradle so I was able to hard wire it to the Autocom SPA-2.
      Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

Offlinee7navy1999

« Reply #3 on: 2014-05-25 16:37:47 »
        I bought my Nav IV on this site and so far overall happy.  It does tend to come on by itself from time to time.  No sure why but I honestly have to removed and reseated it into the BMW cradle yet.  It seems bright enough and did help me not get lost when I was in Vegas last month.  I never use the audio so not sure how well that connects.  I do use the "search" for function and it is very impressive. 

OfflineGargy

• Global Moderator
          « Reply #4 on: 2014-05-25 21:48:38 »
          I currently have two Zumo 660's for sale. One has never been switched on, the other is a month old and I am using it at the moment.

Both are for sale. £295 and £285 respectively + 3% if paying by Paypal (Not gift).

PM me if interested.
          R.I.P. Marco Simoncelli.

OfflineOveP

• K1600GT Sport, 2014
            « Reply #5 on: 2014-05-27 20:14:10 »
            I have just exchanged my previous K6 with a new 2014 mod K6 and at the same time changing from Navigator IV to V.
            The difference between IV and V is considerable! What you can't see on the screen on IV will be crisp and readable on V and
            nav V is much quicker in calculating your next turn. I just wouldn't think about buying IV after trying V, even at at cheap price.

Ove

OfflineComberjohn

• John's Driving School
            « Reply #6 on: 2014-05-27 23:28:39 »
            Thanks for the advice but already done a deal with Gargy.
            Now need to sort out engine bars and a few other farkles.