Author Topic: Autocom problem  (Read 1818 times)

Offlineochmaheed

Autocom problem
    « on: 2014-06-18 18:12:32 »
    Since I got the bike I have always played music from my zumo660 via bluetooth to the autocom, good quality and no problems. Recently however there has been a problem with the zumo so thought I will just plug in a usb stick and play it that way. I had the switchable lead fitted when I bought the bike, the one that connects the audio output from alpine unit to the autocom or speakers.
    This is where the problem is, when selected to speakers it plays perfectly however when selected to play through autocom it has very poor quality, like playing through water, also sound can still be heard playing quietly through the speakers.
    I have checked the wiring that was done and the only slight difference from what it should be according to supplied info is that the positive output wires that are cut and connected to the lead are not exactly as shown on drawing. The black wire on both left and right side is connected to the wire that is going to the speaker rather than out from the unit and obviously the red is connected to the wire from the unit rather than the one going to the speakers.
    Could this cause the problem ?
    Also the example does not show the correct wire colours from the unit but I have the correct info for them
    how much Mr BMW ?

OfflineRTman10

• GTL Exclusive (Exchanged for R1200RT LE)
      Re: Autocom problem
      « Reply #1 on: 2014-06-18 18:51:23 »
      What is the quality of sound if you listen to the radio or indeed prompts from your 660. If these are also the same as music from your USB stick it sound like you have a wiring problem. If not its the stick.

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
        « Reply #2 on: 2014-06-18 18:54:08 »
        If you have the red and blck wires the other way round compared to the drawing, I'd first try switching them.
        Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

OfflineSTeinar

• Global Moderator
        • Blue R1200RT lc (AKE_Intercom)
          • Homepage
        « Reply #3 on: 2014-06-19 08:45:34 »
        Hmm sorry - but the way you have connected this will not work.

You will need to switch the wires - as indicated.

Input into autocom is by the black and the white cable.

STeinar
        ** Wired and Bluetooth intercom from shop.ake-electronic.com **

Offlineochmaheed

« Reply #4 on: 2014-06-19 10:03:52 »
          On nightshift last night and discussed the problem with a C&I tech at work. His opinion was it depends how the switch actually switches to say if it is critical that the wires must be right way round. Had decided they needed to be swapped just to try.
          Got home read the posts on hear and they also confirmed to try the swap round of wires.
          So sod going to bed, out to garage and did the very fiddly swap of wires, they were soldered in, well more welded.

Result all is now working correctly, so thanks for the prompt replies :D

It was not me or BMW dealer that did the install, the dealers technician did not feel confident doing the job so they put bike to auto electrician next door. So all that proves is the auto electrician is  dam good at soldering but not so good at reading wiring diagrams. ::)
          how much Mr BMW ?

anything