Author Topic: Tail Light wire 2013 GTL  (Read 1766 times)

Offlineives@bizblvd.net

• Ives Potrafka
    Tail Light wire 2013 GTL
    « on: 2014-06-24 01:20:58 »
    I just purchased a set of BikeVis LED Red Bullets to add a little more lighting to the back of my GTL.   Thought it would be an easy chore to tap into a tail light wire.  They draw so little that according to the MOA magazine they will not affect the Canbus.  That said, does anyone have a wiring diagram for the rear are of the GTL or a disassembly diagram for the tail light.  I have had it partially torn apart, but still can't find the wires.  It would be nice if I could just tap into a wire under the seat.  Thanks

OfflineBarnsyuk

Re: Tail Light wire 2013 GTL
      « Reply #1 on: 2014-06-25 10:20:30 »
      Hi, I had my tail light out recently. You have to remove the rear mudguard, 4 screws, 2 either side underneath the wheel arch will get it off. Then remove the 2 outer covers either side of the tail light, if I remember a single screw holds each in place. Then the tail light is held in place by four horseshoe spring washers, just pop these off and the tail light will be free. there is a plug on the tail light and the cable goes back under the passenger seat, this maybe a good place to cut in and wire your new lights.
      1941 Harley UL 1200 Flathead, 1978 Harley 1200 Shovelhead, K1600GTSE

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
        « Reply #2 on: 2014-06-25 11:29:35 »
        I have the same BikeVis bullets and tapped them from the wire under the small fairing on the right hand side just under the saddle (AKA the canoe fairing).
        Tail Light: Gray w/ Black Tracer.
        Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

Offlineives@bizblvd.net

• Ives Potrafka
          « Reply #3 on: 2014-06-25 18:58:38 »
          Thanks.....  Will take a look and see if I can find the wire....

Offlineives@bizblvd.net

• Ives Potrafka
            « Reply #4 on: 2014-06-26 03:36:05 »
            Many thanks to the advise about the grey wire under the plastic on the right side.... It was simple to get to and fairly easy to splice into...

For anyone thinking they need a little extra tail on the back of your GTL, I highly recommend the BikeVis lights.  get them from WhiteHorse, it is cheaper than from the manufacture in the UK....

anything