Author Topic: Tire Punctures  (Read 1994 times)

Offlinee7navy1999

Tire Punctures
    « on: 2014-07-13 17:59:11 »
    Good Morning all, does anyone have bad luck with tire punctures like me?  Last year I had a large screw puncture my rear tire after about 200 miles on it.  Last week I have a nail in the rear again.  My K16 seems to be a magnetic for tire punctures.  I've been riding for 50 years and have never gotten any nails in my tires. 

OfflineQuattra

• Mineral Silver KGT
      Re: Tire Punctures
      « Reply #1 on: 2014-07-13 19:33:59 »
      Yes.. so far on all my bikes  ;)

Enjoy life... Do not try to live forever. You will not succeed.

OnlineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
        « Reply #2 on: 2014-07-13 19:52:01 »
        So far only two punctures in about 40 years. One with my old bike with spoked wheels and tyres with tubes in them. Hard to repair on the road (if at all). The second a few years ago. Came home with it without any problems. Only noticed it after a few days when I wanted to go riding again, checked the tyre pressure; front was OK, back was zero. At first I thought I measured incorrectly so did it again. Zero. Started the compressor and I could put in all the air I wanted, but still zero. Only then I found the nail.
        Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

Offlinejohnray

« Reply #3 on: 2015-02-08 14:54:03 »
          Good Morning all, does anyone have bad luck with tire punctures like me?  Last year I had a large screw puncture my rear tire after about 200 miles on it.  Last week I have a nail in the rear again.  My K16 seems to be a magnetic for tire punctures.  I've been riding for 50 years and have never gotten any nails in my tires.

I've used ultra seal in my tyres without any problems whatsoever. Having said that I'm not sure how it would affect, if at all, the tyre pressure monitor.
          R1100RT, R1150RT, HD Road King Classic, K1600 GTL Exclusive.

OfflineRTman10

• GTL Exclusive (Exchanged for R1200RT LE)
            « Reply #4 on: 2015-02-08 15:10:37 »
            It destroys it.

Offlineochmaheed

« Reply #5 on: 2015-02-09 10:38:11 »
              Has not destroyed mine on this bike or my other bike nor a friends at least two bikes.

However does it work  :-\
              how much Mr BMW ?

OfflineRTman10

« Reply #6 on: 2015-02-09 12:52:37 »
                Has not destroyed mine on this bike or my other bike nor a friends at least two bikes.

And they all have pressure sensors fitted ?   You are very lucky.

Offlineochmaheed

« Reply #7 on: 2015-02-09 16:01:47 »
                  Yes all with pressure sensors. I phoned the manufacturers and pressed them to confirm it does not damage them, they assured me for most bikes no.....from memory I think they said there was an issue with Goldwing sensors.
                  how much Mr BMW ?

OfflineRTman10

« Reply #8 on: 2015-02-09 16:52:08 »
                    Covered their tracks them. If it works for you great.  Might just pay to check that the pressures shown on the dash agree with a pressure gauge. If both tyres agree you know all is well.

Offlinee7navy1999

« Reply #9 on: 2016-08-17 01:14:36 »
                      I can state with certainly that the K16 rides perfectly with two flats.  A long screw in the front and a hole in the rear.  1.5 miles without a bit of trouble.  I would actually feel safe riding her most of a day.  The tires go flat and safely protect the rim edge from and damage.  30mph to 35mph on straight and 5mph on turns.  She did good!!!