Author Topic: Service indicater light  (Read 1828 times)

OfflineJdboogins

Service indicater light
    « on: 2014-08-10 14:58:20 »
    I just returned from a three week trip to the national in st Paul mn. The little wrench service indicater is on.
    What service will BMW want to perform at this mileage 13636? If I do the work is there a way to reset the service indicater? I have done an oil change before I left for the national. I would like to ck valve clearance myself at the 18000 mile mark. Are special tools required for a valve clearance ck?CD

Jdb

OfflineHDBeemer

• K1600 Exclusive
      Re: Service indicater light
      « Reply #1 on: 2014-08-10 15:06:28 »
      Hi JD
      usually the wrench indicator is on after 10'000km or after one year since the last service, whatever comes first. There is a standard service procedure defined by BMW - you'll find the list of activities on the web (don't remember where).
      To my knowledge, you cannot reset the service indicator yourself, except with the new GS911 device.

BTW: I think this is your first post. It's expected on the forum that you introduce yourself in the respective section.
      It doesn't have to make sense. It's ok if it's just fun :-)

OfflineRTman10

• GTL Exclusive (Exchanged for R1200RT LE)
        « Reply #2 on: 2014-08-10 15:37:16 »
        HD is correct. 12 months or 6000 miles from the last service assuming whoever did the service set it correctly. As its probably indicating its second service you would get an oil change and brake fluid and rear drive fluid change, probably a brake service as well and of course the standard diagnostic check.   

Offlinee7navy1999

« Reply #4 on: 2015-04-05 17:38:54 »

OnlineFrank S

« Reply #5 on: 2015-04-05 17:57:24 »
            https://www.gs911usa.com/
            Use this site to make sure you are getting a real GS911.
            The red one works with the K1600. Bought mine through Ted Porter's Beemer Shop.
            Works great. You can even e-mail diagnostics to your self to keep on file
            for future reference.

OfflineWinston Smith

« Reply #6 on: 2015-04-06 10:51:01 »
              Christ they're expensive!!

Just bought a similar type of unit for the car for £13.00!! (and it's a BMW!)

Four is fun.  Six is sex.  I Dream of a World where Chickens can Cross the Road without having their Motives Questioned

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
                « Reply #7 on: 2015-04-06 12:11:22 »
                https://www.amazon.com/GS-911-Diagnostic-Tool-BMW-Motorcycles/dp/B0075QXQ5I/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1428248152&sr=8-3&keywords=gs911

BMW GS911 diagnostic tool available on Amazon
                This yellow one doesn't work on our bike with the new CAN bus (or the new RTW and GSW). Only the red one with WiFi works with thd K1600.
                Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

anything