Author Topic: throttle resistance/cruise control  (Read 1572 times)

Offlineboscoman

throttle resistance/cruise control
    « on: 2014-08-23 23:41:03 »
    2014 GTL EXCL; When I started it up the first time and rode out of the dealer's lot, I noticed almost no resistance in the throttle.  It was very hard for me to avoid racing the engine. I've gotten somewhat used to it now, but when the cruise is set I can hardly rest my hand on the throttle without having the cancel switch at the bottom end of the throttle travel activate. I can even grab ahold of the chrome bar end weight and twist forward (decel) and the cruise cancel with activate.  Is this adjustable? Should I have the dealer look at it?

Thanks

Bill Montgomery
    Prestonsburg, KY

OfflineRTman10

• GTL Exclusive (Exchanged for R1200RT LE)
      Re: throttle resistance/cruise control
      « Reply #1 on: 2014-08-24 08:28:36 »
      2014 GTL EXCL; When I started it up the first time and rode out of the dealer's lot, I noticed almost no resistance in the throttle.  It was very hard for me to avoid racing the engine. I've gotten somewhat used to it now, but when the cruise is set I can hardly rest my hand on the throttle without having the cancel switch at the bottom end of the throttle travel activate. I can even grab ahold of the chrome bar end weight and twist forward (decel) and the cruise cancel with activate.  Is this adjustable? Should I have the dealer look at it?

Thanks

Bill Montgomery
      Prestonsburg, KY
      Think you have a duff switch.  Would suggest you switch it off (lock it) until you can get it checked out.

OnlineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
        « Reply #2 on: 2014-08-24 10:22:28 »
        +1 on the switch.
        When I grab the bar with the bike on cruise control it just keeps on going. If fact I have to give it some noticeable (is that a real word?) pressure to switch the cruise control off with the throttle. Most of the time I give the clutch a light tap.
        Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

OfflineWildones

« Reply #3 on: 2014-09-14 21:47:49 »
          Bill

As above have suggested yours doesn't sound right. I've ridden many 1600's and they were all quite stiff to cancel the cruise so suggest get it checked out

Regds Ian

OfflineGeebee

« Reply #4 on: 2014-09-15 06:59:31 »
            Agree with what was said above. Cancelling the cruise control requires quite some effort on the throttle.
            Keep us posted on what the outcome is.
            Geebee - K1600GT

OfflineDJS

• K1600GTLE-Magnesium Beige & comfort pack & Nav IV
              « Reply #5 on: 2014-09-15 18:30:44 »
              Another in agreement. A significant effort is required to cancel the cruise control. I think this is good as otherwise it would cancel at every bump in the road. A problem for your dealer to fix. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Just enjoy it!