Author Topic: Spinning starter  (Read 1273 times)

OfflineJim

Spinning starter
    « on: 2014-09-09 18:22:46 »
    Out for a ride today done 100 odd mile, bike was flawless that was until I arrived home and tried to kill the engine, hitting the start/stop button (Exclusive) the starter engaged and started spinning while the engine continued to run, I hit the button again but had no effect then I hit the red kill switch again no effect I had to stall the bike to kill the engine and starter. Having done this I tried to start the bike again by pushing the start/stop button, the dial carried out the sweep but dash stayed blank, I pushed the start/stop button again, the clocks did the sweep and dash lit up as it should so I hit the red start switch and the bike burst into life and worked as should since. Any idea what may have caused this? Has it happened to anyone else?
    2014 GTL Exclusive

OfflineDaren

Re: Spinning starter
      « Reply #1 on: 2014-09-10 13:03:14 »
      Switch issue. Had the same on my previous GT. Replaced under warranty.

OfflineJim

« Reply #2 on: 2014-09-10 13:13:48 »
        What switch? Being an Exclusive it has the keyless ride system, have always used the black start/stop button to switch the bike off, did no different on this occasion. The red kill switch I never use but thought that hitting it it would kill not only the engine but also the spinning starter, but not this time which is why I stalled the bike.
        2014 GTL Exclusive

OfflineDaren

« Reply #3 on: 2014-09-10 15:31:32 »
          As I said I had the same issue including having to use the side stand to stall the engine. Resolution by the dealer was replacement of the right hand side switch gear.

OfflineBarnsyuk

« Reply #4 on: 2014-09-10 17:21:13 »
            Have to agree with Daren, faulty switch gear, covered under warranty, take it back to dealer and get them to sort it out.
            1941 Harley UL 1200 Flathead, 1978 Harley 1200 Shovelhead, K1600GTSE

OfflineJim

« Reply #5 on: 2014-09-11 02:54:06 »
              Thanks guys, take a run to the dealer first chance I get.
              2014 GTL Exclusive