Author Topic: I just ordered a K1600 GTL Exclusive... Winter is going to be long!...  (Read 1445 times)

OfflineBaltik

• BMW K 1600 GTL Exclusive 2015
    Hello everybody,
    I rode a Harley Davidson Fat Boy until last month. I just sold my Fat because, even though I had a lot of fun with it, I wanted a bike with more power. I live in Switzerland, where there are many mountains, and I need to have a more powerful bike out of turns in particular. The Harley bikes are great for riding on the highways coast to coast but IMO poorly suited to our roads, even if I do not deny what they represent from a cultural point of view.

So I ordered a K1600 GTL Exclusive last Saturday. I chose this model for the 6 cylinders of course, but also because I wanted to focus on the comfort of the passenger. I mostly ride with my wife and often make long trips in Switzerland, France, Italy, etc. I will get it in March, the winter will be long...  :(  Thank you to all owners of GTL and GTL Exclusive to help me get through the winter more quickly by your encouragement and experience returns with these super machines!
    4 wheels move your body, 2 wheels move your soul!...

OfflineWildones

Baltic

You and you're partner will love riding the new bike. This year my wife and I did the Alps inc Swiss fully loaded. These bikes will handle anything and do it well. Comfort for passenger is good however if intending to do high speeds you may need to consider different screen and possibly Aerowings.  I changed my standard GTL screen to the slightly smaller standard GT one ( not sport ) and this change plus the Aerowings make a massive difference for pillion. Anyway see for yourself and enjoy it when it arrives. This bike will amaze you at what it can do,once you are fully used to it - it's awesome !!

Regds Ian

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
        Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum.
        I'm afraid it's going to be a loooong winter for you  ;D.
        Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

OfflineBaltik

Baltic

You and you're partner will love riding the new bike. This year my wife and I did the Alps inc Swiss fully loaded. These bikes will handle anything and do it well. Comfort for passenger is good however if intending to do high speeds you may need to consider different screen and possibly Aerowings.  I changed my standard GTL screen to the slightly smaller standard GT one ( not sport ) and this change plus the Aerowings make a massive difference for pillion. Anyway see for yourself and enjoy it when it arrives. This bike will amaze you at what it can do,once you are fully used to it - it's awesome !!

Regds Ian

Thank you for your advises Ian! I will consider this story of Aerowings.

OfflineBaltik

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum.
            I'm afraid it's going to be a loooong winter for you  ;D .

Thanks for your welcome ande congrate for the general level of the forum! (nothing to compare with some HD forums...).

OfflineDJS

• K1600GTLE-Magnesium Beige & comfort pack & Nav IV
              Welcome aboard and good luck with the new bike when it comes.
              I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Just enjoy it!

OfflineHDBeemer

• K1600 Exclusive
                Hi Baltic
                welcome on the board - and good choice with the Exclusive  :)
                Looking forward to see another Exclusive in Switzerland - haven't met any so far. Wir sehen uns auf der Strasse...
                It doesn't have to make sense. It's ok if it's just fun :-)

OfflineBaltik

Hello HDBeemer,

Thanks for your message. I see that we've got the same signature... Is it a swiss expression?  :)  I promise that I didn't copy you...  ;D  This sentence really expresses what I feel.

OfflineHDBeemer

• K1600 Exclusive
                    Hello HDBeemer,

Thanks for your message. I see that we've got the same signature... Is it a swiss expression?  :)  I promise that I didn't copy you...  ;D  This sentence really expresses what I feel.
                    Funny - I didn't notice. Don't think it's a Swiss thing - rather an internationally shared feeling of bike enthusiasts :-)
                    Maybe we can meet for a ride at some time...
                    It doesn't have to make sense. It's ok if it's just fun :-)

OfflineBaltik

Funny - I didn't notice. Don't think it's a Swiss thing - rather an internationally shared feeling of bike enthusiasts :-)
                      Maybe we can meet for a ride at some time...

With pleasure. let me receive my bike (next March...)  ;D  We keep in touch!

anything