Author Topic: R1200RS  (Read 1619 times)

OfflineGeebee

R1200RS
    « on: 2015-03-04 20:55:04 »
    So, having seen pictures of the R1200RS and still loving a more sporty but not RR or K1300S type of angles, I was wondering if this might be a new path for me to explore. The waterboxer appeals a lot to me and I have test driven twice the R1200GS. But somehow, I am hesitant to make the step. Partially because I have not met the RS in the flesh. This said, right now I still may get a decent price for my K16GT and the difference to pay for the RS may be relatively doable. Plus one gets warranty, etc etc.
    Any thoughts here?
    Geebee - K1600GT

OfflineRTman10

• GTL Exclusive (Exchanged for R1200RT LE)
      Re: R1200RS
      « Reply #1 on: 2015-03-05 09:04:37 »
      I swapped back to an R last September, in my case the RT. Not regretted put yet.   

OfflineWolfe Tone

• 2014 K1600 GTL Exclusive
        « Reply #2 on: 2015-03-05 12:21:08 »
        To each their own, as they say.   Not a great lover of the boxer engine myself - I suppose it's because I have ridden mostly sportsbikes and in-line fours so I find the R's a bit "rough" and underpowered. But each bike has it's own advantages so it's just down to personal preferences. But for 2-up touring, the K16 is unbeatable, IMHO.
        Éireann go Bráth.

OfflineJim

« Reply #3 on: 2015-03-05 12:32:31 »
          It's a individual thing, I to came from sport bikes and in line fours so not.so keen on the boxer engine and while I do have a little SV650 V twin, it's just a toy to go and play on for short run outs would not like to use this type of engine to tour with either
          2014 GTL Exclusive

OfflineBob S

« Reply #4 on: 2015-03-05 13:17:15 »
            The watercooled boxer is a big step up from the hexheads and power wise it has plenty of grunt. Vibration levels are also improved compared to its predecessor. I have the best of both worlds as I have the K16GT and a watercooled GS Adventure ;D
            2012 K1600GT-SE

OfflineWolfe Tone

• 2014 K1600 GTL Exclusive
              « Reply #5 on: 2015-03-05 13:20:59 »
              Jim, I had the SV1000 and loved it. Loads of torque and fabulous sound out of twin Scorpion exhausts. I now have a Honda Blackbird 1100XX which I use daily to commute and love riding it. But, as you say, the K16 is the bike for long distance touring in comfort. So we also have the best of both worlds !!! 8)

Éireann go Bráth.

OfflineDJS

• K1600GTLE-Magnesium Beige & comfort pack & Nav IV
                « Reply #6 on: 2015-03-05 14:28:10 »
                After 10 years on the k1200 the straight six of the k1600 is just sublime. Even smoother than the four!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Just enjoy it!

OfflineGeebee

« Reply #7 on: 2015-04-18 09:00:52 »
                  So decision taken. The R1200RS was calling too strong  :) . Granite grey metallic mat... Will be starting to think of a name.
                  I'll am selling my K1600GT and waiting for the deliver of the RS. Was surprised that following a downpayment this week, the bike's confirmed production week is PW21 (week of May19th) as I had heard stories of long delays already. Maybe it's also linked with quota given to countries (the backlog I heard of was the mothership country),not sure.
                  Of course I'll miss the silk and smooth engine and the nimbleness it had once it started rolling but time to move on. The boxer is calling  ;)
                  That doesn't mean I'll jump off the forum. No, you won't get rid of me that quickly.

Geebee - K1600GT

anything