Author Topic: Nav V Startup Failure  (Read 1520 times)

Offlinecsm1955

• 2013 K1600GTL - Drk Graphite Metalic
    Nav V Startup Failure
    « on: 2015-03-15 07:23:16 »
    My Nav-V unit occasionally fails to start when I start the engine on my 2013-GTL with it's display screen remaining black.  When this happens, I turn off the ignition, remove the Nav unit from the dash and manipulate the Nav-V power button several times before the display turns on and works.  (I'll bet that wont work forever.)  As I said, it does this randomly and not too frequently.  My dealer has no idea what is happening and indicates they'll send the unit back to Garmin for a 30-60 day review.  Has anyone else experienced this or have any related info or ideas relative to cause?  The unit is up to date on both maps and firmware.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    2013 K1600GTL, 2006  HD Road King, 2002 Honda GL1800 GW

OfflineRTman10

• GTL Exclusive (Exchanged for R1200RT LE)
      Re: Nav V Startup Failure
      « Reply #1 on: 2015-03-15 08:51:02 »
      I have once, but not on start up. Screen suddenly went black on a run. I had to take it off and press the button several times before it came back.  It turned out to be low voltage on the bike that had disables it, but even off the bike it took some persuasion to come back to life.
      If it was mine I would let the dealer send it off but insist on a replacement while its away. That might just result in a new one in box appearing.   

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
        « Reply #2 on: 2015-03-15 13:48:59 »
        Maybe obvious but have you tried cleaning the contacts on the Nav and on the cradle?
        Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

OfflineKelpac

« Reply #3 on: 2015-03-15 14:12:24 »
          Had this problem on my 2015GT, since new, the dealer swapped the sat nav to no avail. Just got the bike back from the dealer they changed part of the electrics (ECU) all seems ok now!!

OfflineRaminWi

« Reply #4 on: 2015-06-28 18:23:26 »
            I have the same issue on my 2013 GTL.  Dealer is clueless.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

anything