Author Topic: Rear tire balancing  (Read 947 times)

Offlinee7navy1999

Rear tire balancing
    « on: 2015-04-04 18:20:19 »
    The closest place in my area is about 35 US Miles drive to get my K1600 Rear Wheel balanced and they charge $25.  he is another option.  It is not Dynamic balancing....just static balancing but it is better then not balancing at all or using those beads that are a mess and can damage your K1600 wheel sensor.  I found this link from another poster.  https://www.k1600forum.com/forum/bmw-k1600-maintenance-do-yourself/2282-marc-parnes-k1600-wheel-balance-adaptor.html

$40 USD and free freight.  All you need to buy is a cheap wheel stand for about $26 USD to mount it and a couple of tire irons with rim protectors from amazon

Offlinee7navy1999

Re: Rear tire balancing
      « Reply #1 on: 2015-04-11 02:47:41 »
      Holy cow I am so proud.  I used the marc parnes wheel balancer and walla!  2.5oz out of balance.  Removed wheel, mounted the rear wheel adapter, put assembly between roller centers, marked per instructions, cleaned and temp mounted weights ntil wheel was not rolling to the heavy side per instructions, cleaned weight mounting area and stuck on weights.  Double checked work.  PERFECT.  the whole process including re-torque of rear wheel bolts to 43 ft/lbs...about 25 minutes....AND THIS WAS MY FIRST TIME!  One the center stand I ran the rear wheel all the way to 6th gear at 3000 rpm's.  Absolutely no vibration at all...nada VIBRATION.  Thanks!!!!  I love this forum

OfflinebagmanII

• I really hate wintertime!
        « Reply #2 on: 2016-11-23 04:03:20 »
        I'm new and lurking here trying to learn as much as I can before I pull the trigger in the Spring and switch over from HD. Anyway has anyone tried Ride-On tire balancer and sealant? I've used them in my Harley Bagger for almost 40k miles and the stuff reall works. It is TPMS safe too.

Onlinesteve.med

« Reply #3 on: 2016-11-23 19:57:32 »
          had to use it ok my k back from Scotland
          works well but and its a its but
          it comes out all over the rear of the bike and you can not stop it marking the bike it wont come out

anything