Author Topic: New Boulers!  (Read 1438 times)

OfflineWinston Smith

New Boulers!
    « on: 2015-04-08 17:10:42 »
    Just replaced a set of Michelin PR4's which have been a terrible tyre.

They squared off front and rear and the right shoulder of front tyre has worn unevenly.

Front and rear have feathered on tread leading edge and heat cracks have appeared on rear tyre too.

6.1k miles, still got 2.5 - 3mm but unrideable.

So......29,854 miles....

£250 has been spent on a set of Bridgestone T30's. 

First impressions - very stiff.  Bike turns in a lot quicker, probably due to less flex in side walls.

Working on a cycling event as Moto-Marshall this weekend, so that should scrub them in well!

Let's see how these go!
    « Last Edit: 2015-04-08 17:18:33 by Winston Smith »
    Four is fun.  Six is sex.  I Dream of a World where Chickens can Cross the Road without having their Motives Questioned

OnlineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
      Re: New Boulers!
      « Reply #1 on: 2015-04-08 20:56:51 »
      Did you have PR4's or PR4GT's. I have the PR4GT's and like them so far (after 4000-5000 kms).
      Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

OfflineWinston Smith

« Reply #2 on: 2015-04-08 22:00:34 »
        PR4 GT's

Brilliant in wet when new but they have worn so badly they became uncomfortable tipping into corners.

I'm not throttle heavy and don't do a lot of motorways, but the squaring off in the centre was visually clear. 
        Four is fun.  Six is sex.  I Dream of a World where Chickens can Cross the Road without having their Motives Questioned

Offlineochmaheed

« Reply #3 on: 2015-04-08 23:03:48 »
          Winstone,

As usual be really interested in your opinion of the T30's, I need new rubber soon. For some reason I dont seem to get on with Michellins and what you have said is the nail in the coffin for me getting a set of PR4's
          So far Angel GT is by far my favourite for the K16, 5800 so far and just starting to feel a bit vague but guess about 500-1000 miles left in em,  but way better than the 3900 of Z8's.
          how much Mr BMW ?

OfflineWildones

« Reply #4 on: 2015-04-08 23:19:08 »
            Winstone,

As usual be really interested in your opinion of the T30's, I need new rubber soon. For some reason I dont seem to get on with Michellins and what you have said is the nail in the coffin for me getting a set of PR4's
            So far Angel GT is by far my favourite for the K16, 5800 so far and just starting to feel a bit vague but guess about 500-1000 miles left in em,  but way better than the 3900 of Z8's.

As you seem to like the Angels, why not stick with them. The mileage you have got is as good as one can expect from a heavy bike and if the grip has been good then why consider changing ?

OfflineWinston Smith

« Reply #5 on: 2015-04-14 01:25:40 »
              Did about 600 miles over the weekend on the T30's.

Have to say that I am very impressed.

Noticeably harder than PR's, and I am aware they have a stiffer carcass/sidewall than any other make.

Used in all conditions from dry roads to torrential rain and snow.  Performed well throughout. 

Based on the use thusfar I would recommend them, however I clearly don't know the longevity of them.

I did like the Pirelli's and had I read my own review would probably opted for them again!

Big thumbs up though for the T30's

Offlineochmaheed

« Reply #6 on: 2015-04-14 22:47:40 »
                 :o   Just been to a fairly local bike tyre place that has been recommended to me. he only deals in Dunlop and Michellin tyres. Being a grippit Scotsman I am always on look out for a bargain. he will do a set of PR4 GT's for £220 and at moment there is a payback offer from michellin of £35 quid, so basically a set fitted for £185, PR4's are back on the list lol
                how much Mr BMW ?

OfflineWinston Smith

« Reply #7 on: 2015-04-17 00:06:50 »
                  Good deal - just watch the wear pattern!

anything