Author Topic: Cruise Control  (Read 1418 times)

Offlinemccartn

Cruise Control
    « on: 2015-04-19 22:56:42 »
    I had my major service completed last week. Valve adjustment, plugs all oils ect.  Some software updates. One that reduces oil consumption I was told by dealer. Not sure how this would work.
    Found today my cruise isn't working. Was going fine before I put her in so have e-mailed dealer to check it out so can only assume its a software update issue.
    Cruise works if I keep the throttle open about 10% on. Can step it up and down ect  but when I leave it back to rest position it disengages. Looks like throttle needs to be recalibrated. Any one out there experience this before.
    Just an update the left hand switch cluster was replaced by dealer. I though it was down to adaptive throttle settings that appear to be upset by software updates according to other posts I see. All good again now with new switch. This is the 4th switch cluster replaced on my 2011 bike. At least BMW covered the replacement FOC
    « Last Edit: 2015-05-01 13:10:54 by mccartn »
    Neil

Offlinewildaf@mweb.co.za

Re: Cruise Control
      « Reply #1 on: 2015-06-11 10:50:11 »
      I had the same problem when they updated my software. I took it back and they calibrated my throttle and it was all sorted after that.