Author Topic: Anyone touring Ireland - some places to visit plus list of Cafés  (Read 910 times)

OfflineWolfe Tone

• 2014 K1600 GTL Exclusive
    If any Forum members are planning on visiting Ireland this summer, I'd be pleased to offer some advice and routes etc.  Our touring group "Country Roadz Riders Group" has a website which contains photo galleries of places we have visited - mainly within a days return ride from Dublin.  Check it out on www.crrgdublin.com   I also have a Blog on the website ("Blog of Alan") where I have listed some good places to eat along those routes. I can also provide route guides which mainly avoid boring motorways.     :)
    Éireann go Bráth.

OfflineBob S

My wife and I were over last month visiting her aunts, uncles and cousins in Galway and visiting a cousin on her fathers side in Cork. We were so lucky with the weather and we had some great rides along sections of the Wild Atlantic Way with Connemara being particularly memorable. Great rides indeed!
      2012 K1600GT-SE

OfflineWildones

Don't know if I may get there but it's appreciated by me at least that you make the offer. Local knowledge is king. FWIW I've just done few days in Dumfries and whilst there bumped into 120 riders. It seems a group from Glasgow meet twice a year with a group from Ireland and act as hosts twice each year. When hosting they arrange accommodation, routes etc etc. What a great idea and they've been doing it for 30 years now