Author Topic: 20145/15 K16 Sport for Sale in Northern Ireland. Immaculate  (Read 1381 times)

OfflineDavidMcK

Sure is.  I had a 2012 K16, the bike fell over on the boat home from Scotland along with four others.  I took it to Hursts to get it fixed.  They were "cagey" about telling me which parts were going on it, saying they were working with P&O Ferries.  The bike fell over on its right side, so I was surprised when I found out they wanted to fit a new left hand exhaust (cost £750) and left hand fairing bracket (cost £250).  Anyway, P&O were paying for it, right ?

No, there is a limit to what a ferry company will pay and its around £3,200 for a bike.  Hursts pushed to bill to around that and then discovered the bike needed a new windscreen bracket when they stripped it (they should have known this before they started cause the screen was twisted) Anyway, a new bracket was £200 and P&O wouldn't pay.  I had to pay or put it through my insurance.

So, I paid and the deal was I got all the parts back.  I got the parts minus three bits.  A right hand footrest (cost £90) a right hand speaker surround (cost £75) and of course the left hand fairing bracket (cost £250).  When I asked them what had happened these parts, they said they must have thrown them in the bin. Right?

No, when I checked the photos that I had took before the bike went for repair the damaged speaker surround had not been replaced, the hero blob on the right hand footrest felt rough so it was still the original. I couldn't check the left hand fairing bracket as it is under the fairing.  I brought the bike down to them and challenged them.  I had a blazing row with them.

They didn't like that one little bit.  They fitted the parts they had not replaced and I have two K16 exhausts in my garage, which reminds me I should sell them cause they won't go on to my 2017 K16.

Since that story I have purchased two bikes from Chester Motorrad, I ring Hursts just for fun but they won't even quote me for a new bike.

OfflineDavidMcK

Awaiting my collection on the 25th Feb at Chester Motorrad

Offlinesteve.med

looks good
        but remember don't have wet boots when you put it on the centre stand have a look its now smooth
        no crisscross to stop boot slipping
        I have just brought a 2015 one to go on my 2016 bike
        and on the upside nice bike  8)

anything