Author Topic: Workshop manuals or 'how to'  (Read 966 times)

Offlinesevenup

Workshop manuals or 'how to'
    « on: 2017-01-06 14:13:06 »
    i might need to dismantle my bike at some point in the near future. Has anyone done this? Are there any workshop manuals or has anyone produced any picture guidance on doing any of the tasks? I've recently rebuilt an MG TF entirely aided by online contributors showing work done on all aspects of the car. I'm hoping for something similar for the k16. I need to replaced the exhaust nuts with stainless items if possible and will need to split the engine from the gearbox and the gearbox from the drive shaft so that I can get bits sand blasted and painted. Any guides would be really helpful.
    Economics - invented to make astrology look good #indyref #YES2014

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
      Re: Workshop manuals or 'how to'
      « Reply #1 on: 2017-01-06 17:38:23 »
      There is an official BMW service DVD which works great with hyperlinks.
      There also is a PDF file of the service manual (without the hyperlinks) but it's rather big, about 52 MB. Too big to mail but I could try 'Wetransfer' if you pm me your e-mail address.
      Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

Offline1600GTGuy

« Reply #2 on: 2017-01-06 18:02:03 »
        You sound like you know your way around a tool box.
        Your project appears to be fairly straight forward.
        Put it up on the center stand and start wrenching.
        Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence or stupidity.

OfflineGodin

« Reply #3 on: 2018-03-08 09:19:50 »

Hello,
          I am looking for the workshop manual of the k1600gt (k48). can you send it to me with wetransfert?
          my email address is christophegodin@free.fr
          a big thank-you