Author Topic: CENTRE STAND  (Read 550 times)

Offlinekeith zx

CENTRE STAND
    « on: 2017-06-11 09:42:05 »
    just a thought , before I go and smootherite my stand , has anyone had there stand renewed under warranty, my bike has never been washed or been out in rain, looks like the stand hasn't had a good enough paint coverage , just a thought as it is still under warranty with 5500 miles .thanks

Offlinesteve.med

Re: CENTRE STAND
      « Reply #1 on: 2017-06-11 18:55:15 »
      hi Keith
      bmw do not put a lot of paint on the stand you might get it replaced under warranty ?
      I have replaced my one as I have a late 16 with the smooth finish on the foot if wet your boot slips
      got a good one from a 14 plate complete with centre pin as its not the same 16 plate on
      I then repainted with bmw black out of a spray can
      5min job to replace
      remove left ex can put bike on side stand remove springs release lock plate and slide out just clears the right ex can

Offlinekeith zx

« Reply #2 on: 2017-06-11 21:43:39 »
        thanks for that steve , didn't think it would be much of a job taking it out , doesn't bother me painting it , just thought I would try the warranty first , do the springs go back on easy enough.??

Offlinesteve.med

« Reply #3 on: 2017-06-11 22:52:56 »
          yes put springs on before the exhaust

Offlinekeith zx

« Reply #4 on: 2017-07-11 18:57:37 »
            received a new centre stand from bmw , had it powder coated , and had to take it to the dealers as they need to fit it under the warranty, left it there today, probably wont get it fit as It looks like I will be part exing the 16 ,at least if you have a centre stand with some surface rust on it bmw will renew it , saying surface rust it was minimal I was going to flash over it , but they said the would renew it , cant fault bmw for that .

Offlinekeith zx

« Reply #5 on: 2017-07-20 21:30:07 »

NEW 2017 KAWASAKI Z1000SX ABS TOURER MOTORCYCLE       
              bike getting the new centre stand fit tomorrow , eventually decided to go and order a new 2017 z 1000sx tourer ,deposit paid again , non in the dealers at present they are selling before the dealers can get them in the shop,  the original one I ordered and cancelled sold to someone the same day, massive come down for me but I want something lighter with the power and some protection and 100 kgs lighter , should be here in a week or two.

anything