Author Topic: Creamy Lump Of German Goodness  (Read 464 times)

OfflineBinky

Creamy Lump Of German Goodness
    « on: 2017-07-16 09:28:48 »
    Well the abbreviation is now the nickname!

Just done 1200 miles on the Clogg and as you all know loving it. Took it on a advanced cornering course last weekend and both me and the others were stunned at how low you can take it over at small speeds. Best lean angles achieved were 59 left and 56 right ( according to my app...which may/not be accurate) Both pegs scraped
    But it never went out of shape and was very forgiving and neutral...so big thumbs up.

Apart from the porkiness, which I have countered with reverse gear...it actually takes less thought on parking than my RT did. That said RT had better weather protection and was quieter at hi speed cruise. Otherwise K is superior all round.

Niggles= vibration in mirrors over 70, left rear indicator is playing up and am having the whole unit changed under warranty ( big thanks to Bstormer)...this happened after a gentle wash so reckon water must have got in, which shouldn't happen as it's a sealed unit...any thoughts?

Farkles so far
    Cee Bailey screen...far superior to OEM
    Side stand enlarger
    Fender Extender
    Under windshield bag thing..great for lock etc
    Tank protector
    X lock phone holder thing..which works with go pro too
    Gear lever extension
    Brake lever extension...but Horning sent me the wrong one must be for an older K...so if anyone wants it cheap let me know
    Engine bars, oil cooler guard, headlight protector coming this week
    Still saving up for Akron...this may take some time

Offlinekeith zx

Re: Creamy Lump Of German Goodness
      « Reply #1 on: 2017-07-16 10:38:22 »
      goes back to what I said loads of times I don't wash my bikes , use waterless wax or glass cleaner

Offlinegtbusa

« Reply #2 on: 2017-07-16 20:57:19 »
        had numerous switch gear replacements on my 2 k1300gt's,including shipping home from france after serious rain,had hoped bmw had sorted them by now

OfflineBinky

« Reply #3 on: 2017-07-17 08:25:10 »
          Rear left indicator is now working ...must have dried out. I think the problem was with the tail light having water ingress not the switch gear.

On an unrelated matter has any one tried Aero flow winglet things...do they make it a quieter ride?

Offlinekeith zx

« Reply #4 on: 2017-07-17 09:58:27 »

pleased your indicator is working again for you , but like has been talked about before , you should not be experiencing any problems with a new bike , especially when you are paying premium prices for these bikes , the time the k 16 has been out now it should be bullet proof  ,this seems to be an intermittent problem that people come across from time to time on faulty switchgear, I would be making it clear to the bmw dealer ,and get the bike checked as you don't want the same problem later down the line,

Offlinegtbusa

« Reply #5 on: 2017-07-17 16:51:40 »
              the switch gear has been pants since the 1st k1200.bmw have produced millions of these left and right,and also on the rt's, and still not managed to make a water tight one,beggars belief,you can only think they dont want to,given the price to replace out of warranty

OnlineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
                « Reply #6 on: 2017-07-17 19:50:04 »
                Well the abbreviation is now the nickname!

Just done 1200 miles on the Clogg and as you all know loving it. .....
                Now you know why the K1600 is so popular in The Netherlands  ;D
                Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)