Author Topic: Question on riding the Swiss Alps this September  (Read 549 times)

Offlinebill harr

• Bill and Veronica's Travel Blog
Going to ride the Swiss Alps this September. My daughter lives in Basel Switzerland and we will be spending all of September there. Wife wants to ride along so I will be renting a BMW RT for a week. Question I have are there any passes that are a must ride? I would like to find a B&B, Inn or AirB&B that would be located where we could stay 2 or more nights and ride from to the passes and return to. After 2 nights we could move to another Inn and do other passes.[/font][/size]Anyone who has done this your suggestions would be appreciated. Please post up or email bikest1100@hotmail.com[/size]Bill
Keep your best wheel forward.

OfflineAlanK

Re: Question on riding the Swiss Alps this September
    « Reply #1 on: 2017-08-05 15:56:59 »
    Hi Bill
    I can recommend the Hotel Hof & Post in Innertkirchen if you are interested in doing several passes! The crossroads outside the hotel will take you in one direction to the Sustenpass and in the other direction to the Furkapass and Grimselpasses - you can easily cover all three in one circular route comfortably within one day. Beware it can be very cold high up in those passes - we went in June 2016 and one of the passes was closed after overnight snow but was cleared later in the morning. The hotel is in the centre of the village and caters especially for bikers. Suggest that a two or three night stay would be more than sufficient.
    Enjoy your trip.

Alan
    BMW K1600GTSE (Vermillion red) & Suzuki Vstrom

Offlinebill harr

« Reply #2 on: 2017-08-05 19:30:39 »
    Thank you just what I was looking for.

OfflineLight Buzzyear

« Reply #3 on: 2017-10-13 22:16:21 »
      So, did the trip happen? Did you enjoy the location, the passes and the bike? I’ve done all those passes on the big 6 and a Ducati Multi plus a K1300gt. All great bikes for the job.
      Infinity and Beyond!

Offlinebill harr

« Reply #4 on: 2017-10-13 22:46:16 »
      So, did the trip happen? Did you enjoy the location, the passes and the bike? I’ve done all those passes on the big 6 and a Ducati Multi plus a K1300gt. All great bikes for the job.

Yes the trip happen and we had a great time. See my 4 part trip report below. Thanks everyone for the information.

Part one

Part two

Part three

Part four

OfflineLight Buzzyear

« Reply #5 on: 2017-10-15 00:39:23 »
        Good reading 👍
        Infinity and Beyond!