Author Topic: Hello everyone  (Read 213 times)

Hello everyone
    « on: 2018-03-01 04:40:19 »
    I just wanted to say hello to everyone. I’m  currently on a 2012 Ducati Multistrada with 130k on it.
    This will be my first K1600. I’m taking  delivery in April.
    I’m trying to learn as much about the bike as possible to be ready for my new ride.
    I have spent a fair amount of time at the dealer on demo rides and  researching YouTube.
     If anyone thinks of any info that can help me along, please let me know.
    Thanks 🏍

• Global Moderator
      Re: Hello everyone
      « Reply #1 on: 2018-03-01 11:53:48 »
      Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new ride.
      As for info: there's lots of it.
      If you have specific questions don't hesitate to ask.
      Many safe and happy miles.
      Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

« Reply #2 on: 2018-03-01 13:08:11 »
        The biggest problem you will have is to wipe that smile off your face when you're done driving for the day. If you want to make that smile permanent, do some loosening exercises with the right wrist, put the bike in dynamic mode and set the ESA to sport, and let it rip.

« Reply #3 on: 2018-03-02 04:43:01 »
          Thanks for the warm welcome.  I am looking for a good level of protection for the headlight.

OfflineLight Buzzyear

« Reply #4 on: 2018-03-04 20:55:37 »
            Hi and welcome to the forum. I don’t post much on here lately because I sold my big 6 about three years ago for a  new Multistrada 1200 s DVT, so went the other way.

I’m pondering to change my bike this year and am considering either a new 1260 Multi or going back to a 1600. The Multi is a brilliant bike no doubt about that - I’ve loved it.

Ive got a test ride on a bagger (they don’t have a GT) next week. I won’t get a bagger but I want a reminder of the engine which I miss and on the down side the weight which I don’t miss. Also test riding the 1260 the same day.

Loved the smoothness of that big 6 engine and on the move the bike was brilliant. Think the reverse gear will make a huge difference to the moving in small places issue I had with the previous. Build quality on the Beemer is superior and the bike looks a 20k bike unlike the multistrada which will come in that ball park fully kitted out.

At the moment I would say I’m ready for a different riding experience and edging toward the smooth power delivery of the k16.

Previously I had the k1300gt and if they still made it I’d have that. It was a fantastic bike for touring.

I’ll let you know my decision in due course. You won’t be disappointed with your choice.
            Infinity and Beyond!

« Reply #5 on: 2018-03-10 13:10:21 »
              I agree with your comments about the K1300GT. I have had mine from new and it has been nothing short of brilliant. If only the blooming thing would go wrong I could p/x it for a new K1600GT! My current plan is to wait for it to hit 100,000 miles then maybe I can justify the expense of a new K1600GT to myself.

Out of interest have any of you had to replace your clutch and if so at what mileage?