Author Topic: No USB on GTL audio.  (Read 614 times)

OfflineBMWGTLGUY

No USB on GTL audio.
    « on: 2018-03-01 06:18:10 »
    I've seen this addressed far in the past they wanted to know if anyone has had any problems since then with the USB message when they have a USB thumb drive plugged in?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OfflineQuackerback

• Quackerback
      Re: No USB on GTL audio.
      « Reply #1 on: 2018-06-02 02:29:35 »
      Just bought a 2012 1600 GTL and the USB doesn't appear to work.  My devices charge ok, but it says "no usb" on the dashboard when I select it.  I have tried an iPhone 8, an older iPod and a USB stick.  Nothing works.

Offlinesteve.med

« Reply #2 on: 2018-06-02 09:24:52 »
        bmw make a lead to connect iPods etc.
        do not try a aftermarket lead it will not work
        you will have to get it from bmw motorrad
        hope this helps

OfflineBkh

« Reply #3 on: 2018-06-07 11:06:21 »
          Just bought a 2012 1600 GTL and the USB doesn't appear to work.  My devices charge ok, but it says "no usb" on the dashboard when I select it.  I have tried an iPhone 8, an older iPod and a USB stick.  Nothing works.

You will probably need bmw iPod cable to get IPod connectivity but USB stick should work by directly plugging into port. 

I believe the manual gives specifics on how how the USB stick hs to be formatted and you need to have valid MP3 files on the stick or you’ll get the no USB message. 

I’m going from memory and this isnt something I’m an expert on, so figure my vagueness on next area.   I discovered hard way that there are different “rates” for mp3 files.    I believe the only rate recognised by bike is 42,200 ( or exact).    My understanding is that would be default for most MP3 files, but I had some at different rate and couldn’t get usb stick recognition until I used a conversion program. 

My suggestion would be formatting usb stick according to manual and then put a new mp3 file on it and see if bike recognises anything.