Author Topic: Pirelli Angel GT  (Read 10399 times)

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
    Re: Pirelli Angel GT
    « Reply #60 on: 2016-03-28 16:52:55 »
    What went wrong here? One question, four identical replies??
    Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

OfflineDJS

• K1600GTLE-Magnesium Beige & comfort pack & Nav IV
      Pirelli Angel GT
      « Reply #61 on: 2016-03-29 21:31:41 »
      What went wrong here? One question, four identical replies??
      Not sure. I had a bad internet connection at the time via my iPhone. Deleted the duplicates.
      Just enjoy it!

Offlinee7navy1999

« Reply #62 on: 2016-03-30 01:51:41 »
        hey DJS, the noise sounds like a medium pitch buzzing sound.  I think it is from the deeper tread when it hit the payment.  it is louder on corners. 

Offlinee7navy1999

« Reply #63 on: 2016-08-17 01:11:58 »
          I did it: two flats and she rode great.  Front had a big screw in her and the rear just had a small hole.  I rode her over 1.5 miles on the flats and into the garage.  It was a bugger getting the beast on the center stand but I did it

OfflineWinston Smith

« Reply #64 on: 2017-05-10 21:50:34 »
            New hoops fitted at 39240 miles.

As I wasn't impressed with the PR4's and I can't get PR3 anymore, I have opted for a change of tyre - Avon Storm 3D X-M.

The PR3 was down to about 1.5mm rear and had feathered on remaining tread.  Front was about 2-2.5mm.

Was starting to tramp a little over road scars and white lines. I reckon another 1000 or miles was maybe possible, but going on a tour on Friday - hence fresh rubber.

Avons seem physically higher!  They seem stable in a straight line.  Will see how they perform on tour - the Alps and Tyrol should test them!
            Four is fun.  Six is sex.  I Dream of a World where Chickens can Cross the Road without having their Motives Questioned

Offlinee7navy1999

« Reply #65 on: 2017-05-14 17:21:48 »
              I noticed that my PR4 Rear seems to slow down on wear after most of the center is gone.  I think the reason is the wear is spread out over a wider area when it reaches a particular center wear point.  I will let you all know the overall miles when she finally shows some cord.  Yes I let them go down to the cord unless I am in a wet road area.  In the desert tread is not really much of an issues when the roads are always dry

OfflineWinston Smith

« Reply #66 on: 2018-05-04 12:56:49 »
                Tyre update!
                Avons now replaced at 44621 miles.
                I won a set of Metzeler 01 Roadtecs (see MCN #ride5000miles - selfie king!) which I fitted yesterday.
                The Avons still had 2.5mm on the front and about 3.5 - 4mm on the rear (strange as the rear usually wear quicker0
                Two European tours, 4 days in france (1500 miles planned) and 10 days in Germany/Austria (2000+ planned) this month dictated a change of hoops.

The Avons have been OK. Slightly odd feathering on rear on right (not shaft drive) side, but fairly even wear.
                They hadn't squared off too much and still provided good feedback.  Quite a hard tyre and the road noise was noticeable.  Also felt every bump in the road so I can only assume they have a very stiff carcass.
                Pretty good in the wet, no moments and quite confidence inspiring to be honest.
                Would I have them again?  Probably, but the ride comfort on the Metzelers (and previous tyres) is superior.
                Can't see the Metzelers lasting much beyond these two tours, so I will update on my next choice later this year!
                Four is fun.  Six is sex.  I Dream of a World where Chickens can Cross the Road without having their Motives Questioned