Author Topic: Installed Starcom1 Digital  (Read 1266 times)

Offlinecjny01

Installed Starcom1 Digital
    « on: 2012-11-12 18:43:11 »
    I installed my Starcom1 Digital on the bike over the weekend and I am happy, I can listen to audio books streamed off my phone.

I will be splicing into the bikes audio system next weekend and will post pictures from that.

« Last Edit: 2012-11-19 20:55:34 by cjny01 »
    Chris

Offlinecjny01

Re: Installed Starcom1 Digital
      « Reply #1 on: 2012-12-04 19:56:16 »
      I have now integrated my Starcom1 into the audio system by splicing the wires into the output of the audio system with help from Steiner.

It works perfectly and sounds amazing. I have all the functions available through the thumb wheel and I can now also stream music/audio books from my phone as well as have a conversation with my wife while listening to music.

« Last Edit: 2013-03-27 20:46:25 by cjny01 »
      Chris

OfflineSTeinar

• Global Moderator
      • Blue R1200RT lc (AKE_Intercom)
        • Homepage
      « Reply #2 on: 2012-12-07 12:23:07 »

Are you sure you picked the right 4 cables for the audio out of the Alphine ?
      And where did you connect the ground ?
      Is there more than one ground and +12v connections ?

There should be only one of each - and be shure the ground - really is ground  ;)
      Not all ground is good ground  :D

Use one cable to battery ground - and be sure - no electric parts from what you have mounted is electrically touching ground !

** Wired and Bluetooth intercom from shop.ake-electronic.com **

Offlinecjny01

« Reply #3 on: 2012-12-11 18:41:53 »
        The ground is good and as long as the audio is on I have no hum. Its only when I turn the audio off that I get the Hum and its a constant hum not engine noise.

I would really like to fix this, as for the connections I did not have a Blue+Red but did have a solid Blue which was the most likely wire. Its sounds perfect even at low volumes when its on and playing.

Left speaker   + = Yellow+Brown,  - = Yellow+Redbut rather a solid blueRight speaker + = Blue+Brown,     - = Blue
        Chris

OfflineGazzz999

« Reply #4 on: 2012-12-27 04:51:37 »
          I’m in the process of installing an Autocom Logic unit and am about to graft into the bike’s speaker cables. Like Chris, I don’t have a Brown/Blue wire so I’d like to confirm the correct wire for the + side of the RH speaker is solid Blue. I.e.,
          LH Speaker + = Yellow/Brown, - = Yellow/Red
          RH Speaker + = solid Blue, - = Blue/Red
          Is that correct?
          Incidentally, the Autocom instruction manual for the stereo cable doesn’t mention the K1600GT but does have a diagram for the R1200RT. That shows wiring colours as I have written above but shows them in reverse, i.e., LH speaker is solid Blue and Blue/Red, RH speaker is Yellow/Brown and Yellow/Red.
          So, my second question is to confirm the correct orientation of the wiring between LH and RH.
          Thanks and best wishes to those celebrating at this time of year.
          Garry

OfflineRTman10

• GTL Exclusive (Exchanged for R1200RT LE)
            « Reply #5 on: 2012-12-27 11:00:12 »
            If you go to BMW K1600 Audio System Section. Then to Aotocom Kit L-1 Reply 7 on July 7 there is an answer to your query from Autocom.  The wiring colours are the same on the GTL as they are on the 1200RT but its a lot easier to wire in from the audio unit end

OfflineXFJRrider

« Reply #6 on: 2013-02-18 08:35:27 »
              CJNY;
              yepp, thats the way to do it. I've got no hum whatsoever, but had to work a littel to get the dongle BT to connect.
              Working great :)

Offlinecjny01

« Reply #7 on: 2013-03-27 20:45:33 »
                This is just an update. I had mentioned that I had a hum in the system when it was powered off, I found I had a bad splitter cable, which unfortunately has been part of the system for three bikes now. I have always had a hiss from this system but it was low most of the time and not that annoying.

After replacing the bad splitter this system is PERFECT, I cant tell you how good this system is and the audio quality is amazing.
                Chris